Lensa Inc. is looking to expand its team in Hungary with a new DATA ENGINEER.
We are a US-based recruitment data company with a programming team in Hungary. Our product is an emerging job site that we’ve developed for the US job market and within a short amount of time we became a significant player in the market with impressive growth. We are aiming to be among the TOP 5 very soon as millions of people are visiting our website already on a daily basis.
Our founders are Hungarian professionals who have introduced and developed the well known Profession.hu in Hungary. Lensa is the new success story that is currently transforming the American job market.
If you would like to share our success and participate in our exciting development projects while doing a responsible job with our scrum teams, then you are just what we are in search of!
As a part of a young dynamic team you will be responsible for designing and developing scalable solutions for structuring and maintaining large data sets and data pipelines.
It’s a highly technical position, requiring experience and skills in areas like programming, mathematics and computer science, but soft skills also needed like communicating data trends to others in the organization and to help the business make use of the data it collects.
YOUR TASKS ARE:
- Design data structures, develop data set processes, prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Develop, construct, test and maintain robust data architectures
- Align architecture with business requirements, use large data sets to address business issues, deliver updates to stakeholders based on analytics and support business needs
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Automate and scale model running, evaluation and experiments
- Collaborate with various teams, such as analysts (BI Team), researchers (Data Science Team) and business people
- Strong programming skills in Python (knowledge of libraries like pandas, pyspark) and in SQL
- Data management skills, experience with ETL
- Familiarity with relational (MySQL, PostgreSQL) databases, ability to design simple but performant schemas
- Experience with big data in cloud services – preferably AWS
- High level of autonomy at work, very good analytical skills and decision making are necessary
- Solid English is a must
CONSIDERED AS A PLUS:
- Hands-on experience writing code for AWS Glue in PySpark and Spark SQL
- Infrastructure-related knowledge, preferably with AWS, CDK, Docker, Gitlab pipelines
- Enthusiasm for data governance, data quality and a performant and scalable data infrastructure
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Interesting problems, diverse and motivating tasks
- Hands on experience with Big Data and AI in production
- Competitive salary
- Being part of a professional development team and sharing our success in the international market that you can be proud of
- Supportive and inspiring team, accepted and respected managers sharing more than a decade long track record
- Flexible working hours
- Company lunch
- Private healthcare plan
- Recreation room with darts, ping pong, foosball, XBox and other games
- Modern and fancy office in Buda close to Széll Kálmán tér
- Exciting programs and team building events